Public key algorithms are used for encryption, decryption, signing and verification of signatures.
- This value indicates the RSA (Rivest, Shamir, Adleman) algorithm.
- Deprecated. This value indicates the RSA (Rivest, Shamir, Adleman) algorithm for encryption and decryption only.
- Deprecated. This value indicates the RSA (Rivest, Shamir, Adleman) algorithm for signing and verification only.
- This value indicates DSA, the Digital Signature Algorithm.
- This value indicates ElGamal.
- This value also indicates ElGamal and is used specifically in GnuPG.
gpgme_pubkey_algo_namereturns a pointer to a statically allocated string containing a description of the public key algorithm algo. This string can be used to output the name of the public key algorithm to the user.
If algo is not a valid public key algorithm,